Now Hiring! Lead Hand / Driver
TMAC Contracting Ltd is hiring for a full time lead hand who is experienced with driving, operating machinery and equipment. The right candidate will also have experience with general contracting services, managing job sites and supervising workers.
The most important asset one can bring to the position is personal characteristics that are aligned with our company values (see below for full).
Other assets include;
- Class 20 Endorsement
- Class 1 or Class 3 Driver License
- Transferable Skills including Excavator Operator, Welder, Carpenter, Grade Person or Mechanic
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent.
Remuneration: $62,000-$68,000 per year + benefits.
Start Date: ASAP
TMAC Contracting is a locally owned general contracting company based out of Abbotsford BC that provides crane, excavation and custom metal work services throughout the lower mainland. Skilled and experienced in road and bridge construction, our team provides safe, quality solutions to challenging projects for municipalities, developers, builders and contractors. For more information, head to our website.
Current projects include highway signage and pole installation along Highway 1, custom installations and excavations with local municipalities including Abbotsford, Maple Ridge and North Vancouver. As the company is growing and projects are increasing, we are excited to welcome dependable, proactive and multi-skilled individuals to our team.
What might a day in this position be like?
- Monday through Friday, 0700 start in Abbotsford yard
- Meet with your crew and direct
- Gathering all tools and equipment needed for the days work
- Arriving to site and going over the work to be conducted
- Managing people and reaching daily objectives
- Working with different people and different contractors
Questions to ask yourself before applying;
- Are you able to manage a fluctuating schedule?
- Once dispatched from the yard, plans can and do change.
- Are you able to manage your anger?
- Safe driving and smooth operating required. Road (and off road) rage is not tolerated.
- Do you show up to a project prepared?
- Efficiency, organization and bringing all the tools you need with you!
- Do you take pride in your work?
- We do, so it’s required as you’ll be representing TMAC while working closely with clients, general contractors and the general public.
- Do you look after your own shit?
- You are the foreman of your truck and equipment. Daily vehicle inspection is essential, ensuring all equipment is safe to operate.
SAFETY Safety is everybody’s business, and it’s at the top of our conversation! Following a strict code of conduct, investing in proper habits and consistent training ensures a healthy and safe environment for all those on site.
EXCELLENCE We are passionate about providing excellence and ensuring every project is completed with top standards. We take pride in providing solutions that keep our clients satisfied and our community developing.
INTEGRITY We value integrity and it shows in the way we conduct business, develop our team members and contribute to our community. You can expect that our words will match our actions.
PEOPLE Teamwork makes our dream work. We focus on hiring and developing professionals who also recognize the benefit of contributing quality workmanship, respectful teamwork and positive mindset.
RESPECT Respect is a basic guideline of behaviour for every member of our team. It is the expectation that we all respect ourselves, each other, our clients and our community.
SUSTAINABILITY The footmark we make today makes a difference for tomorrow. We are committed to making sustainable decisions when it comes to people, profit and the planet.
If we’ve kept your attention until this point, we’d love to see your resume! To apply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org